There are 4 different serums in our collection - but what are they, what do they do, who are they best for, and if you choose to layer them, well then how in the world do you do that? In this blog, we’ll address all of these questions with a comprehensive guide on how to choose which ones are right for you!
- Target Discoloration: This serum is designed to effectively target and reduce issues related to discoloration, redness, post-blemish marks, and signs of UV damage.
- Sensitive Skin-Friendly Alpha-arbutin: With the inclusion of 1% alpha arbutin, this serum is a sensitive-skin friendly alternative to traditionally harsh discoloration products.
- Immediate and Long Term Benefits: The chlorophyll in this serum provides instant benefits by counteracting redness and enhancing skin radiance. For stubborn dark spots, you can expect to see results around 28 days of consistent use.
- Compatibility: This serum is easy to work into any routine and is compatible with a wide range of ingredients, including retinol.
- Essential Skin Barrier Support: Our viral ceramide barrier serum focuses on strengthening the skin barrier and providing optimal hydration support.
- Multi-Ceramide Formulation: Featuring a blend of five different types of ceramides and lipids, this serum helps maintain a healthy skin barrier and prevents moisture loss.
- Hydration Boost: The inclusion of beta-glucan enhances hydration, which studies have shown to be 20% more hydrating than hyaluronic acid.
- Application: This serum can be seamlessly integrated into your skincare routine as it plays well with other products. Apply the ceramide barrier serum as the final step to lock in the benefits of all your serums.
- Radiant Skin and Hydration: Our vitamin C glow serum is perfect for addressing dullness, achieving an even complexion, and increasing hydration.
- Stable Vitamin C: Formulated with a stable form of vitamin C called ascorbyl glucoside, this serum brightens, evens out skin tone, and supports collagen production.
- Azelaic Acid: This serum also contains azelaic acid to complement the vitamin C. Azelaic acid is a beloved ingredient known for refining skin texture and tone.
- Daily Acne Treatment: Postbiotic acne serum can be used daily to treat and prevent acne while also reducing excess oil.
- Salicylic Acid: Formulated with 1.5% salicylic acid, this serum addresses acne and blackheads by sloughing off dead skin cells and clearing congestion from the pores.
- Gentle Approach: Designed with gentleness in mind, the salicylic acid is complemented by microbiome-friendly postbiotics and beta-glucan, which hydrate and reduce inflammation without causing irritation or dryness like other acne treatments might.
- Usage Recommendation: For those new to salicylic acid, start with 3-4 applications per week before gradually increasing to daily use in the morning and/or night. Always finish your morning routine with SPF protection, especially when using actives.
how to layer our serums
It’s easier than you may think! While we don’t recommend layering all 4 serums at once (because it’s not necessary), if you choose to do so then we recommend the ceramide barrier serum goes last. The reason for this is to absorb all the benefits of the other serums and lock it in with the ceramide serum after. Apply the other serums in whichever order - it doesn’t matter!
what to pair with our serums
While all of our serums work well on their own, pairing them with specific products (or with each other) can help boost their benefits!
chlorophyll discoloration serum & vitamin C glow serum: The Discoloration Correcting Duo combines the spot-fading power of chlorophyll serum with the brightening benefits of vitamin C for a more even-toned and radiant complexion. The order of application does not matter.
aha jelly cleanser & chlorophyll discoloration serum: Double down on radiant, even-toned skin with the Cleanse & Fade Duo. The exfoliating gel cleanser gently lifts dead, dull skin cells to boost spot-fading benefits and allow the chlorophyll serum to more effectively target discoloration and post-blemish marks. Cleanse first then apply serum.
ceramide barrier serum & resurrection polypeptide cream: The Rich Moisture & Barrier Duo instantly restores moisture levels, soothes the appearance of irritation, and teaches skin to retain moisture & protect itself from damage caused by dehydration. Apply serum then moisturizer.
aha jelly cleanser & postbiotic acne serum: The Breakout Besties Duo is perfect for oily, acne-prone skin. This gentle skin-clearing duo helps keep pores clean while providing hydration and protecting the skin barrier! Cleanse first then apply serum.oil to milk cleanser & ceramide barrier serum: The skin barrier is essential for healthy skin. The Barrier Basics Duo leaves skin noticeably more hydrated and comfortable while protecting the structure and function of your skin barrier. Cleanse first then apply serum.