We’ve designed this list to make it short and simple for you! Here are some tips to help you create (yes, create) better skin in 2016!
- Get at least SEVEN hours of sleep. We all know how important sleep is, but REALLY, it’s the number one step to healthy skin. I find that no matter how much I take care of my skin, if I don’t sleep well or sleep enough, it shows in my skin. SLEEP is important (not just for your skin), don’t take your rest for granted!
- Drink, drink, drink…water! In addition to drinking water throughout the day, build in this step to certain parts of your day so that it becomes a routine. For instance, after your morning cleansing (using our cleansing oil or just water) routine, drink one large glass of water. One of my favorite tools to ensure I drink A LOT of water is my 25oz thinksport water bottle. That’s over three glasses of water every time you fill it up. I also love to add slices of pears to my water to create a nice buttery taste. All in all, I aim for around 10 glasses a day.
- Stay away from high sodium foods. There is absolutely NO QUESTION that diet impacts your skin! I put a lot of effort into eating as clean as possible (for my skin and overall health). Admittedly, however, this means that I sometimes learn too hard on salt to flavor my dishes. We fight so hard to keep our skin moisturized – and salt too easily dehydrates. Additionally, salt can also cause excess swelling, particularly under the eye area. Stay away from high sodium foods and extra salt seasoning! My favorite substitute for salt is lemon for salads, fish, poultry, veggies…just about anything!
- Moisturize at least two times a day. If this seems like a far stretch to you, you need to reconsider your skincare routine…seriously! This should go without saying – no “ifs” “ands” or “buts”. Healthy skin requires MOISTURE! The good news? Once you get in the routine, you will never fall out as the benefits are so quickly evident in the texture and tone of your skin. Post cleansing in the AM and PM, use our Facial Repair Serum or Matcha Face Moisturizer. I also carry our facial repair serum and eye firming oil in my purse and sneak in dabbles throughout the day (especially under my eyes as this area of my skin is most susceptible to fine lines from dry skin). The more moisture the better…especially when it’s the right kind of moisture!
- Stay away from soaking in the sun, and wear SPF. We’re working on coming out with a great product for you guys – just hold up! In the meantime, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever want any good sunscreen recommendations. We’re all for giving props to our peer companies with great products.
- Keep your fingers away from yo’ face! When I struggled with hormonal acne as a teenager and in my early 20s, I always had a horrible habit of picking my skin. Even today, I have to constantly work to improve the texture of my skin from all the damage (I did to myself) in earlier years. It’s a habit that I’ve broken because I know how harmful it is and how long the damage can last…but I still find myself needing to exercise extreme will power! Just don’t. Don’t do it!
Healthy skin requires a lot of effort, care, and education. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about your routine or our cocokind products! Cheers y’all.