Finding a good hair care routine is tough – especially if your scalp is sensitive. If you over-wash your hair, your scalp can become dry, red, or irritated. If you under-wash your hair, you'll have excess oil and grease to deal with instead.
But all hope is not lost! Did you know that some of your favorite cocokind products can also be used in your hair? Some of our most popular oils and toners can help you manage your hair and keep it looking good while also nourishing your skin (aka your scalp).
1. instead of shampoo, try a raspberry vinegar rinse 1-2x a week
Our raspberry vinegar toner has a pH level of ~3.5. Its slight acidity allows it to help purify your scalp's pores, remove buildup, and reduce excess oil.
Many conventional shampoos strip away all natural oils, leaving your scalp dry, irritated, or overproducing oil to compensate. Giving your usual shampoo and conditioner a break 1-2x per week will help preserve your natural oils and keep your hair and scalp healthy and strong.
- Start with dry hair and spray raspberry vinegar toner liberally onto your scalp, focusing on areas that are dry or irritated.
- Massage toner into your scalp and run through the rest of your hair.
- Rinse with warm water (no need to use shampoo or conditioner!).
**If you have color treated hair, ask your hair professional before rinsing your hair with vinegar!
2. use our mymatcha stick to help tame flyaways/baby hairs!
If you didn't know, mymatcha all-over moisture stick can be used daily under the eyes, as a lip balm, or on dry spots. Additionally, is also works great for taming any flyaways or baby hairs, or achieving a slicked back ponytail or bun. Organic coconut oil helps keeps flyaways in place!
- Simply apply mymatcha stick directly to hair wherever you may be experiencing flyaways (preferably on dry hair).
- If also wanting a slicked back look, smooth hair back with fingers or brush back with a comb after application.
- Repeat as needed, and mymatcha will easily wash out during your next shampoo.
3. use our acne serum to help exfoliate the scalp
Did you know your scalp can experience build up just like the skin on your face & body? Our acne serum can be used on the scalp to help slough away any dry, flaky skin. This serum is powered by 1.5% salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid that work's on the scalps surface to clear congestion. And bonus - it's paired with microbiome-friendly postbiotics and beta glucan to help hydrate!
- Gently massage a few drops of acne serum into your scalp, working in circular motions.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or leave on overnight if preferred.
- Rinse out with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat 1-2x per week.
4. use our watermelon hemp oil to style and add shine
Our watermelon hemp oil uses linoleic acid-packed watermelon seed oil and fatty acid-rich hemp oil to hydrate and reduce moisture loss in the scalp and hair.
This lightweight yet ultra-nourishing oil can help keep flyaways at bay while also giving your hair a little extra shine. Try the below method or simply massage a little oil into the ends of your hair to moisturize and control.
- Take a few drops of watermelon hemp oil and rub it between your hands.
- Run your fingers evenly through clean, wet hair. ***If you tend to have very oily hair, massage the majority of the oil onto the middle and ends of your hair, and then use the remainder to pat the roots of your hair gently.
- Brush or finger-comb through to make sure that the oil is evenly distributed.
- Let air dry or blow dry.
we hope you love our hair hacks! got any other tricks? let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments below!