Finding a good hair care routine is tough – especially if your scalp is sensitive. If you over-wash your hair, your scalp can become dry, red, or irritated. If you under-wash your hair, you'll have excess oil and grease to deal with instead.
But all hope is not lost! Did you know that some of your favorite cocokind products can also be used in your hair? Some of our most popular oils and toners can help you manage your hair and keep it looking good while also nourishing your skin (aka your scalp).
1. use our cleansing oil as a scalp mask
Our cleansing oil can be used to nourish, moisturize, and soothe a dry or irritated scalp. Our formula features tea tree oil and lavender oil, which help cleanse your scalp's pores, while also offering antiseptic benefits. And bonus - lavender oil has natural aromatherapeutic properties and can help relieve stress!
- Gently massage a few pumps of cleansing oil into your scalp, working in circular motions.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or leave on overnight for intense hydration.*
- Rinse out with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat 1-2x per week.
*If leaving on overnight, make sure to sleep with your hair in a bun, or with a towel covering your pillowcase, to avoid staining your sheets!
2. instead of shampoo, try a raspberry vinegar rinse 1-2x a week
Our raspberry vinegar toner has a pH level of ~3.5. Its slight acidity allows it to help purify your scalp's pores, remove buildup, and reduce excess oil.
Many conventional shampoos strip away all natural oils, leaving your scalp dry, irritated, or overproducing oil to compensate. Giving your usual shampoo and conditioner a break 1-2x per week will help preserve your natural oils and keep your hair and scalp healthy and strong.
- Start with dry hair and spray raspberry vinegar toner liberally onto your scalp, focusing on areas that are dry or irritated.
- Massage toner into your scalp and run through the rest of your hair.
- Rinse with warm water (no need to use shampoo or conditioner!).
**If you have color treated hair, ask your hair professional before rinsing your hair with vinegar!
3. use our calming powder as a dry shampoo!
Though we may have originally formulated it to be a baby powder, our calming powder is our favorite dry shampoo! Organic arrowroot, chamomile, calendula, and aloe powder help absorb excess oil and soothe your scalp. This lightweight powder won’t clog your pores or cause buildup like many other hair products, but instead will calm the skin on your scalp and help you avoid over-shampooing your hair.
- Part your hair and shake powder onto your scalp.
- Work powder through hair with fingers or a brush.
- Repeat as needed, focusing on extra oily or irritated areas.
4. use our golden elixir or watermelon hemp oil to style and add shine
Our golden elixir, which is packed with fatty acids, powerful antioxidants, and vitamins A and E, can help repair damage to hair follicles, reduce signs of inflammation, and promote strong hair and a healthy scalp.
Our watermelon hemp oil uses linoleic acid-packed watermelon seed oil and fatty acid-rich hemp oil to hydrate and reduce moisture loss in the scalp and hair.
Either of these lightweight yet ultra-nourishing oils can help keep flyaways at bay while also giving your hair a little extra shine. Try the below method or simply massage a little oil into the ends of your hair to moisturize and control.
- Take one pump of golden elixir or a few drops of watermelon hemp oil and rub it between your hands.
- Run your fingers evenly through clean, wet hair. ***If you tend to have very oily hair, massage the majority of the oil onto the middle and ends of your hair, and then use the remainder to pat the roots of your hair gently.
- Brush or finger-comb through to make sure that the oil is evenly distributed.
- Let air dry or blow dry.
we hope you love our hair hacks! got any other tricks? let us know at email@example.com or in the comments below!