Here at cocokind, we’re all about minimalism. When it comes to our skincare formulas, what we eat, and how we live, we believe that less is more.
But as total beauty junkies, it’s admittedly difficult to apply this philosophy to our beauty routine! If you’re anything like (the old) us, your beauty drawer is currently housing: five moisturizers, three contouring brushes, seven mascaras (ah, free samples get us every time), and literally…ONE THOUSAND eye shadows and eye liners. It’s not good…just not good at all.
So today, we’re giving you five tips on how to easily minimize your beauty routine. With these tips, we believe you’ll be able to invite more clean and quality products into your life, and easily toss out the “junk”.
1. Find one brand that you love for each of your beauty products. Why have more than one go-to eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow palette, or sunscreen? If you’re having success with a specific product, stick to it. When you know, you know!
2. Find ways to make your products multi-functional…get creative! For example, use mascara to fill in eyebrows or use your bronzer as a natural eye shadow! Some of our personal favorite tricks are using our Organic Eye Firming Oil as makeup remover (so long, wasteful, expensive wipes!), and rubbing our Organic Facial Cleansing Oil into our scalps for healthy hair and skin.
3. Organize, organize, organize. Find a simple, beautiful organizer that will make it easy for you to find exactly what you need, when you need it. (Psst… we love this and this).
4. Keep a travel pouch ready-to-go. Buy two of your absolute essentials, and keep one in your beauty organizer and one in your travel pouch. Once you have an on-the-go pouch ready, you’ll be less likely to grab from your at-home beauty organizer (step 3!) and misplace your beauty essentials.
5. Learn to toss it. We know…we saved the best (and hardest) for last. Do NOT use expired makeup or any product that looks like it may be going bad. Some products, like powder-based makeup, can be used for around two years, but liquid mascara and eyeliner should be discarded after two or three months! (PS: if you haven’t used something in six months, get rid of it! You probably don’t need it and won’t use it, no matter how many times you tell yourself that you will).
We hope this inspires you to clean out your beauty drawers! Show us your before and after pics @cocokindskincare.
-The cocokind team