Hi guys, it’s P!
I’m so excited to announce that applications for the 2019 cocokind Impact Foundation are officially open! For those of you who don’t know, I created the cocokind Impact Foundation to provide financial grants of $2,500 to $10,000 to female-identifying founders in the health, wellness, and sustainability industries.
We’re looking for women who are solving big problems one small step at a time; people who want to create change through their businesses, and set a higher standard for what consumers should expect from companies.
The selected entrepreneurs must be focused on creating social impact through their businesses. They must be working, in their own way, to make the world a better, kinder place. Whether this means a financial commitment to a social cause, working directly or indirectly on an issue through the core business, partnering with nonprofits or social impact groups, or something else entirely, your company must have a greater social mission baked into its business model.
Because there are so many entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas who choose a different path or just don’t have financial access, we’re specifically targeting founders who have yet to raise institutional capital. Monetary limitations often keep promising entrepreneurs from succeeding and I want to help change that.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for entrepreneurs who have the potential to make a positive impact through their business, but need a little support getting it off the ground. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear your story and ideas!
Now, here are some important details to keep in mind:
how do I apply?
You’ll find the application form here. You’ll also need to provide:
- A three minute video of yourself explaining your business and why you think that you should be awarded a grant
- A proposal of what you aim to do with the funds, should you be awarded a grant. Please provide as much detail as possible on what you plan on using this for. The more detailed, the better!
- A detailed description of your social mission and the impact you hope to have on your greater community
- A sample of your product (if applicable)
in addition to the grant, what else does the program entail?
Along with $2,500- $10,000, every grant recipient will also receive:
- Direct support from the cocokind team and features on all of our marketing channels
- Mentorship from a selected industry expert in our network who we believe can have the greatest impact on your business
- Support from a community of fellow grantees
who are the cocokind Impact Foundation mentors?
Every grantee will be matched up with one Impact Mentor after being selected. All of our mentors are successful founders or leaders who have significant experience building businesses.
how are grantees selected?
The cocokind team will review all applications submitted on time (10/11/19). We’ll be taking the following criteria into account:
- Leadership and innovation in the health, wellness, or sustainability industries
- Clear and immediate goals for how the grant will be used to further your business
- Demonstrated ability to get things done efficiently and effectively
- Strong company mission and ability to create social impact
- Entrepreneurial and creative problem-solving skills
- Commitment and dedication to furthering their business in the long-term
what am I required to do if I am awarded a grant?
Our only requirement is that you pay it forward as best as you can! We’ll support you in taking advantage of all of the resources available to you, along with the grant. We also hope to help you develop a network of like-minded entrepreneurs who support you and who you support.
will I have to submit a W9 form?
Yes. Awards and prizes to individuals are taxable, and must be included in the grant recipient’s gross income.
when can I apply?
Right now! All applications must be submitted by October 11, 2019, 12/pm PST. Winners will be announced by end of December.
who has been awarded these grants in the past?
You can read about some of our past winners here! Dive in to read their stories and how these leaders are creating social impact through their business.
we can’t wait to hear from you! if you have any questions at all, please email email@example.com.