The Cocokind Impact Foundation provides financial grants between $2,500 to $10,000 to female entrepreneurs in the health, wellness, and sustainability industries who are focused on creating social impact through business.
Every recipient will receive:
- An initial one hour face-time session with members of the Cocokind Impact team to plan out executable steps once you receive your grant. Of course, we’ll always be on your team and we hope to have continued conversation for a very long time!
- A matched mentor. We’ll match you up with a mentor in our network who we believe can have the greatest impact on your business. All the members of our mentor network are successful founders who are leaders in the wellness space. The mentor will be available for four one-hour calls with you for the year after receiving your grant!
- You’ll be featured on our Cocokind Impact website, Cocokind Social Media channels, and you and your business will have access to our PR network when you win the grant and become a “Woman of Impact” in our foundation.
-Elizabeth Stein: Founder of Purely Elizabeth
-John Foraker: Co-Founder & CEO of Once Upon A Farm
-Samantha Abrams: Co-Founder, President, and Head of Marketing of Emmy’s Organics
-Jason Wachob: Founder & CEO of mindbodygreen
-Julie Nguyen: CEO & Co-Founder of Methodology
-Justin Trout: COO & Co-Founder of Health-Ade LLC
-Sujean Lee: COO of Milk Bar Bakery
-Elisa Marshall: Co-Founder of Maman
-Joel Warady: General Manager & Chief Sales & Marketing Officer of Enjoy Life Foods
-Nicole Cogan: Founder of NOBREAD
-James Higa: Executive Director at Philanthropic Ventures Foundation, Mentor in Residence at Index Ventures, and Former Senior Director, Office of the CEO – Apple Inc.
-Rachel Krupa: Founder of Krupa Consulting
Applicants must be women, US residents, and 18 years or older. Additionally, applicants must not have raised institutional capital yet. Our goal is to help assist companies in the “pre-seed” stage.
The female entrepreneurs must be focused on the health, wellness, or sustainability industries, and must also have a goal to create greater social impact through their business.
Please fill out our short application here. Our application will include:
- A three-minute video of yourself explaining your business and why you think you should be awarded the grant
- A proposal of what you will do with the funds granted. Please provide an itemized projection or as much detail as possible on what you plan on using this for. The more detailed your breakdown, the better!
- A detailed description of your social mission and what impact you hope to have on your greater community
- A sample of your product (where applicable) sent to Cocokind at 498 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, ATTN: COCOKIND IMPACT FOUNDATION
Yes. Awards and Prizes to individuals are taxable, and are required to be included in gross income by the award recipient.
Our selection committee is comprised by the administrative team at cocokind. During each round, the Committee Chair will rotate amongst the team.
The committee reviews all applications submitted on time. The following criteria will be taken into consideration with each application:
- Demonstrates leadership and innovation in the wellness industry
- Provides a clear and immediate goal for how the grant will be used to further the business
- Demonstrates ability to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrates a desire to create social impact
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a committed dedication to furthering their business in the long-term
We will have two application cycles per year, spring/summer and fall/winter.
2018 Fall/Winter Application Cycle
Winter Class of ‘18
Application Window: August 1 – October 31
Review Window: November 1 – December 31
Grants Awarded/Recipients Announced: January 2018